Paraplanner/Financial Advisor Assistant
POSITION: Paraplanner/Financial Advisor Assistant
Fingerlakes Wealth Management (FWM) is a Registered Investment Advisory Firm located in Ithaca, New York with clients throughout the United States. FWM specializes in client-focused financial planning including planning for retirement, education, legacies, and other life goals. FWM is a Benefit Corporation under NYS Law and a certified B Corp and offers a suite of investment portfolios that are socially and environmentally screened as well as services that tailor portfolios to clients individual values and beliefs.
This position provides support to the financial advisors of a rapidly growing wealth management practice, interfacing with clients and maintaining operating efficiency with paperwork and software programs. It allows for growth through an advisory track and would be great for aspiring financial advisors.
- Maintain existing client relationships and support new ones
- Resolving client inquiries, making sure key client information and documentation is correct and up to date
- Onboard new client accounts, which includes the collection of required documentation and client informationBuild draft financial plans with recommendations to the Advisor
- Provide financial analyses and aid in the review and presentation of financial strategies designed to help clients persue their long-term goals
- Conducting investment research, reporting, and analysisAssisting with creation and implementation of workflows and procedures to improve efficiency and enhance client experience
- Support the team’s client retention/management through the planning corporate events, client gifts, and management of an outreach calendar
- Perform administrative duties that support Partners in daily business practices, including but not limited to, coordination of client meetings, report generation, financial planning tasks, etc
- Track/manage account opening and maintenance process
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM Software, and ability to learn new programs in a timely manner as needed
- Flexible, self-motivated, reliable, eager to learn with a curious mind
- Professional and positive attitude, friendly demeanor both in-person and by telephone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Trustworthy; uses discretion with confidential information
- Listens well to instruction and consistently retains details; takes direction well
- Analytical, organized, and detail-orientedEducation & Experience
- College degree in business or finance preferred.
- Knowledge of the financial industry, investment, and banking products preferred.Looking for someone who is honest, reliable, technologically savvy, a quick learner, and a good communicator.
- Series licenses, CFP® certification, other financial licenses/certifications a plus
- 401(k) + match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Potential for bonuses & career growth